CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE AS A PDF
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CRUMBLE
40g cocoa powder
20g caster sugar
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SHELL
24g white chocolate
40g dark chocolate
FOR THE MOUSSE
2 eggs separated
70g frozen raspberries
130g dark chocolate
40g white chocolate
60g caster sugar
FOR THE FRUIT COMPOTE
60g caster sugar
150g frozen raspberries
PREPARE THE CHOCOLATE CRUMBLE
1. Mix the butter with the sugar until smooth.
2. Stir in the flour and the cocoa powder.
3. Ensure all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
4. Roll the dough until 1cm thick then place onto a lined baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes at 160°C-180°C.
6. Allow to cool completely.
7. Blend or break into pieces until a crumb texture is achieved.
PREPARE THE CHOCOLATE SHELL FOR YOUR MOUSSE
1. Melt the white chocolate and pour into a piping bag, melt the dark chocolate and hold in the bowl.
2. Drizzle the white chocolate over a cake band and allow to set, then take a tablespoon of the melted dark chocolate and spread over the white chocolate until completely covered.
3. Allow to set slightly, then take both ends of your cake band (ensure the cake band is on the outside) and touch together creating a teardrop shape and allow to set completely. Put to one side. Once the mousse is prepared, this will then be piped into your shell to set.
PREPARE THE MOUSSE
1. Melt the chocolate, and in a separate bowl mix the egg yolks and caster sugar until creamy.
2. Whip the cream until soft peaks are achieved.
3. Whip the egg whites until firm.
4. Add the warm melted chocolate to the egg yolks and caster sugar, and start adding the cream and egg whites a tablespoon at a time using the whisk to pull the ingredients together. Try and allow as much air in as possible.
5. Break up half your raspberries and fold through the mix
6. Pipe your mixture into your previously prepared chocolate teardrop and allow to set.
PREPARE THE COMPOTE
1. For the compote, add caster sugar and water to frozen raspberries, and simmer until reduced and sticky.
1. Carefully peel off the cake band
2. On the top of the mousse add a spoonful of your chocolate crumble, then by the side of your mousse add the raspberry compote finished with a few remaining fresh raspberries.